Who's Online Now!

Announcement

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyris.

re: Considering Applying

Hello, all,

I'm currently considering applying/server transferring, having become frustrated with the server I'm currently on for several reasons. Before submitting an app and committing the gems, though, I was hoping to talk to someone a bit.

My main is a 80 mesmer, though I have other 80s as well, including a support-minded Guardian. I'm guesting on TC on my mesmer right now, actually (Skyris Eberat).

I spend a lot of my time in WvW. Would like to actually start running fractals and/or other dungeons. I'm EST and have to be up early on weekdays, but still online a great deal most weeknights and active most of the entire weekend most weeks.

A lot of what I've read about Cynical makes it sound like it solves every problem I'm currently dealing with on my current server with my current, extremely large guild. Still would like to hear a bit more, though...

Skyris
Einherjar Bladow

Hey Yrisi, you can find a lot of us to talk to on TC's server mumble. I am not in right now but will put mumble info in later if you need. Hope to talk to you soon in game Happy
Enchanted Was Yuki
Yuki雪
SPvP Officer

Hey Yrisi, another alternative would be to contact our Guild Leader, Sinner, or any of the Officers in our guild ingame. We'd be happy to answer any questions you have ^_^

The Guild Leader/Officer contact list can be found on our home page envy

Skyris.

Thanks for the replies, guys.

I've gone officer hunting a couple of times while guesting, but admittedly didn't go all the way down the list.

I'm on and guesting again right now, trying to get an idea of activity levels at the times when I tend to play. Does the guild have a consistent WvW presence, or is it mostly during the WvW scheduled times? How does the guild participate in WvW? I've been in guilds in the past where it was handled informally with only one or two die hards that run with the zerg. That was a bit disappointing.

I saw that Sinner picked up a commander tag somewhat recently (grats on that). I'm able to pick one up, too, if I ever decide to (have to gold etc), but have thusfar not felt the need. I would do it if I joined a guild that would benefit from it, where it would help me coordinate a guild group rolling around the map in a squad or something, but I haven't felt that way to date so I haven't made the investment. I'm about to re-gear my guardian to be more of the zergball-breaking alt healing sort. She kind of got overrun and neglected when I was reminded why I loved my mesmer so much in GW1 and switched mains, putting all my time and resources there instead.

I have yet to mess with sPvP but that shouldn't be translated into a lack of interest. I just didn't much want to pug it and haven't found others with much of an interest that I want to run around with. I used to casually toy with arenas in WoW years ago. I can definitely imagine having fun with my mesmer in there.

I haven't been PvPing as much since the WvW update, mostly because of the state of the server/guild I've been with. Instead I spent the time finishing world complete and puttering around on alts while trying to figure out what to do.

What I'm really looking for here: A guild with an active presence in the evenings EST (~7pm-midnight weekdays, days/evenings weekends), with a consistent WvW presence that isn't simply zerg follow, who consistently does guild missions weekly, and with whom I can finally start getting into dungeons/fractals, maybe sPvP sometimes. I hate drama, I try to be friendly and helpful, and I don't like being around negative people who bring everyone down all the time. That's really the whole thing in a nutshell. Happy
Sinner
Sinner.
Guild Leader

Hey folks, Skyris has decided to join the Cynical team, so I'll be closing this thread now. Thanks!

Posts from:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Cynical Forum Index -> Public Chat All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Last Forum PostsLast Forum Post RSS Feed
TopicPostedReplies
 1546days ago1 Replies
 1629days ago2 Replies
 1631days ago1 Replies